This five-day instructor-led course teaches students how to design and implement a BI infrastructure. The course discusses design, installation. The course discusses design, installation, and maintenance of a BI platform.
This course maps to skills and knowledge measured by Microsoft Exam 70-467, and in conjunction with on-the-job experience, can help prepare you for the exam.
This course is intended for BI professionals such as BI Architects or database professionals who need to design BI solutions. BI Architects are responsible for the overall design of the BI infrastructure, including how it relates to other data systems in use. In addition, their responsibilities include Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) cube design and integration with Microsoft SharePoint or line-of-business applications.
- Session recording available, with indexing allowing you to easily browse to the topic you are interested in reviewing.
- Technical lab available remotely, making it possible to continue working on labs outside of classroom hours.
- Technical lab available up to 180 days after the completion of your training.
- Delivery of an official Microsoft course attendance certificate.
- Free retake for up to twelve months on confirmed sessions.
- The digital courseware provided allows free updates upon course revisions.
- An exam voucher.
Price: 2500 $
Before attending this course, students must have:
- A basic understanding of dimensional modeling (star schema) for data warehouses.
- The ability to create Integration Services packages that include control flows and data flows.
- The ability to create a basic multidimensional cube with Analysis Services.
- The ability to create a basic tabular model with PowerPivot and Analysis Services.
- The ability to create Reporting Services reports with Report Designer.
- The ability to implement authentication and permissions in the SQL Server database engine, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services.
- Familiarity with SharePoint Server and Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
Module 1: Planning a BI Solution
This module discusses how to plan the components of a BI solution.
- Elements of a BI Solution
- The Microsoft BI Platform
- Planning a BI Project
Module 2: Planning SQL Server Business Intelligence Infrastructure
This module explains how to plan an appropriate BI infrastructure for a given set of BI services.
- Considerations for BI Infrastructure
- Planning Data Warehouse Hardware
Module 3: Designing a Data Warehouse
This module explains how to design a data warehouse for a given set of user requirements.
- Data Warehouse Design Overview
- Designing Dimension Tables
- Designing Fact Tables
- Designing a Data Warehouse Physical Implementation
Module 4: Designing an ETL Solution
This module explains how to design an ETL solution for a data warehouse.
- ETL Overview
- Planning Data Extraction
- Planning Data Transformation
- Planning Data Loads
Module 5: Designing Analytical Data Models
This module explains how to design analytical data models for specific BI scenarios.
- Introduction to Analytical Data Models
- Designing an Analytical Data Model
- Designing Dimensions
- Enhancing Data Models
Module 6: Planning a BI Delivery Solution
This module explains how to choose an appropriate delivery solution for a given scenario.
- Considerations for Delivering BI
- Common Reporting Scenarios
- Choosing a Reporting Tool
Module 7: Designing a Reporting Services Solution
This module explains how to design a Reporting Services solution.
- Planning a Reporting Services Solution
- Designing Reports
- Planning Report Consistency
Module 8: Designing a Microsoft Excel-Based Reporting Solution
This module explains how to design a reporting solution that uses Excel.
- Using Excel for Data Analysis and Reporting
- PowerPivot for Excel
- Power View for Excel
Module 9: Planning a SharePoint Server BI Solution
This module explains how to design a SharePoint BI solution.
- Introduction to SharePoint Server as a BI Platform
- Planning Security for a SharePoint Server BI Solution
- Planning Reporting Services Configuration
- Planning PowerPivot Configuration
- Planning for PerformancePoint Services
Module 10: Monitoring and Optimizing a BI Solution
This module explains how to monitor and optimize a BI solution.
- Overview of BI Monitoring
- Monitoring and Optimizing the Data Warehouse
- Monitoring and Optimizing Analysis Services
- Monitoring and Optimizing Reporting Services
Module 11: Operating a BI Solution
This module explains how to plan management and maintenance operations for a BI solution.
- Overview of BI Operations
- ETL Operations
- Data Warehouse Operations
- Analysis Services Operations
- Reporting Services Operations