The five-day course you will need to take if your job responsibilities include securing network services, network devices, and network traffic. It is also the main course you will take to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification examination (exam number SY0-401). In this course, you will build on your knowledge and professional experience with computer hardware, operating systems, and networks as you acquire the specific skills required to implement basic security services on any type of computer network.
- Session recording available, with indexing allowing you to easily browse to the topic you are interested in reviewing.
- Technical lab available remotely, making it possible to continue working on labs outside of classroom hours.
- Technical lab available up to two weeks after the completion of your training.Delivery of a certificate of attendance.
- Free retake for up to twelve months on confirmed sessions.
Basic Windows skills and fundamental understanding of computer and networking concepts are required.
CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications, or equivalent knowledge, and six to nine months experience in networking, including experience configuring and managing TCP/IP, are strongly recommended.
Additional introductory courses or work experience in application development and programming or in network and operating system administration for any software platform or system are helpful but not required.
Unit 1: Mitigating threats
- Core system maintenance
- Virus and spyware management
- Browser security
- Social engineering threats
Unit 2: Cryptography
Public key cryptography
Unit 3: Authentication systems
Unit 4: Messaging security
Unit 5: User and role based security
Unit 6: Public key infrastructure
Key management and life cycle
Setting up a certificate server
Web server security with PKI
Unit 7: Access security
Unit 8: Ports and protocols
Unit 9: Network security
Unit 10: Wireless security
Wi-Fi network security
Non-PC wireless devices
Unit 11: Remote access security
Virtual private networks
Unit 12: Auditing, logging, and monitoring
Unit 13: Vulnerability testing
Unit 14: Organizational security
Education and training
Disposal and destruction
Unit 15: Business continuity