Module 1: Managing Desktops and Devices in the Enterprise
This module explains the features included in System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune and how you can use these solutions to manage desktops and devices in an enterprise environment.
- Systems Management Using Configuration Manager and Microsoft Intune
- Overview of Configuration Manager and Cloud Services Architecture
- Overview of the Configuration Manager Administrative Tools
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting a Configuration Manager Site
- Introduction to Queries and Reports
Module 2: Preparing the Infrastructure to Support Desktop and Device Management
This module explains how to prepare the management infrastructure including the configuration of boundary groups, resource discovery, role-based administration, and mobile device management integration with Exchange Server.
- Configuring Boundaries and Boundary Groups
- Configuring Resource Discovery
- Configuring the Exchange Server Connector for Mobile Device Management
- Configuring the Intune Connector for Mobile Device Management
- Configuring User and Device Collections
- Configuring Role-Based Administration
Module 3: Deploying and Managing Clients
This module explains how to deploy and manage the Configuration Manager client.
- Overview of the Configuration Manager Client
- Deploying the Configuration Manager Client
- Managing Client Settings in Configuration Manager
- Managing MDM Clients
Module 4: Managing Inventory for PCs and Applications
This module explains the inventory collection process and explains how to configure, manage, and monitor hardware and software inventory, and use Asset Intelligence and software metering.
- Overview of the Inventory Collection
- Configuring Hardware and Software Inventory
- Managing Inventory Collection
- Configuring Software Metering
- Configuring Asset Intelligence
Module 5: Distributing and Managing Content Used for Deployments
This module explains how to identify and configure the most appropriate method to distribute and manage content used for deployments.
- Preparing the Infrastructure for Content Management
- Distributing and Managing Content on Distribution Points
Module 6: Deploying and Managing Applications
This module explains how to distribute, deploy, and monitor applications for managed users and systems.
Module 7: Maintaining Software Updates for Managed PCs
This module explains how to maintain software updates for PCs managed by Configuration Manager.
Module 8: Implementing Endpoint Protection for Managed PCs
This module explains how to use System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager to implement Endpoint Protection.
- Overview of Endpoint Protection in Configuration Manager
- Configuring and Monitoring Endpoint Protection Policies
Module 9: Managing Compliance and Secure Data Access
This module explains how to manage configuration items, baselines, and profiles to assess and configure compliance settings and data access for users and devices.
- Overview of Compliance Settings
- Configuring Compliance Settings
- Viewing Compliance Results
- Managing Compliance for Mobile Devices
- Managing Data Access by Using Profiles
Module 10: Managing Client Status, Power Management, and Remote Administration
This module explains how to use Configuration Manager to manage and monitor client activity and health status.
- Configuring and Monitoring Client Status
- Configuring Power Management
- Configuring Remote Tools
Module 11: Maintaining Configuration Manager Sites and Site Systems
This module explains how to configure site maintenance tasks and perform backup and recovery of a site system.
- Overview of Configuration Manager Site Maintenance
- Performing Backup and Recovery of a Configuration Manager Site